"If art is therapy, if art is to inspire, if art is a weapon, if it is a medicine to heal soul wounds, if it makes one not feel alone in his or her visions, or if it serves as transportation to a higher self, than that is where I aspire to live everyday."---Rudy Gutierrez

Promo Video....WARNING!!!! SUPER CHEESY!!!!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Few Media Experimentation Paintings

So here are a few paintings that I completed this semester in Media Experimentation.  I'm not totally excited about all of them because it was an experimentation class so my craft suffered on them a bit.  Overall the class was pretty successful and I will have the rest up as soon as I get at them digitally.  
(Dia De Pancho; acrylic on board)
Having grown up in Phoenix I have always been influenced by the Mexican culture.  The use of color in their art work and graffiti alike has always caught my attention.  I'm a big fan of the day of the dead and thought I'd throw my own spin on it incorporated with a touch of traditional tattoo themes.  
(The Fredman; Charcoal/Gouache on board)
I have always been terrified of this man, even until this day!   
(Deadmingo; oil/acrylic on masonite)
Not much to say here, just tried mixing the two mediums really.  So yeah.

No comments: