"If art is therapy, if art is to inspire, if art is a weapon, if it is a medicine to heal soul wounds, if it makes one not feel alone in his or her visions, or if it serves as transportation to a higher self, than that is where I aspire to live everyday."---Rudy Gutierrez

Promo Video....WARNING!!!! SUPER CHEESY!!!!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ink Gouache Off

So I have yet another painting that I just finished touching up that I thought I would post.  This was a difficult assignment, but I like the way it turned out.  It doesn't look as rendered as some of my stuff so it was different for me to do.  Basically for this assignment I painted really thick with gouache and everything I wanted black I would let the board expose through.  After I had my painting done I then dumped a huge amount of ink on it and washed it off.  The places where the board was exposed turned black and the places I painted real thick left a beautiful stain.  So all I had left to do was just a little touch up work.  It definitely could be better but I think it went well for my first time trying the technique. 
(Photo Reference: Megan Mills)

No comments: